What Will the Study Involve?
Participation in this study will last about 20 weeks and will include approximately 8 visits to the study clinic.
As the first step, you will be given details about the study, and if you consent to participate in the study, will complete preliminary tests. If you qualify, you may receive the new investigational drug and undergo various assessments at follow-up visits.
All study-related care is provided to you at no cost. You do not need health insurance to participate.
The Pediatric Constipation Study
This Pediatric Constipation Study is looking to evaluate the effectiveness and safety of an investigational drug to see how well it works for treating constipation in 6 to 17-year old children.
This Pediatric Constipation Study will include approximately 326 children between the ages of 6 and 17 years old who suffer from constipation and will take place at approximately 140 research centers across the United States of America, Canada, and Europe.
If you/the child in your care has been suffering from constipation, they may be eligible to take part in this study.
You/your child may be eligible to take part in this study if you:
- Have 2 or fewer bowel movements per week, without laxatives
- Are between 6 and 17 years old
- Weigh more than 39lbs/18kg
Please speak with a member of our staff to see if the Pediatric Constipation Study is right for you or your child.
Is There a Cost to Participate?
Participants will receive all study-related care from a team of medical professionals at no cost.
If you decide to take part:
- You will receive study-related care throughout the study from a team of experienced doctors and nurses.
- The investigational drug, study-related healthcare and supplies will be provided at no cost to you or your insurance company.
- Parents/Participants who take part in the study may receive compensation for their time and travel.